Indeed friendship is extremely valuable relationship in this world and it has to be valued. Like the famous quote, a friend is known by the company he keeps. Today I want to share 7 advices that Umar bin Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him) once gave to his fellows regarding friendship.
1. Do keep true friends and always remain in their company. Such friends will be a blessing for you and reason for respect in good times and helpers in your bad times.
2. Do not have a grudge against your brother (in Islam) by thinking evil about him until you are assured
3. Keep yourself away from your enemy
4. Be cautious about your friend except who is trustworthy. And only he is trustworthy who fears Allah
5. Don’t sit with a sinner else you will learn evil as well
6. Don’t give him your secret
7. Always seek advice from a person who fears Allah much.